Enjoy the satisfaction of a rewarding leadership career with Interior Health in beautiful British Columbia. We are seeking a collaborative and knowledgeable leader with extensive experience in health care and management to fill this important role.
Led by a forward-thinking leadership team focused on innovation and giving people room to grow, we are looking for people who want to make a difference in the communities in which they live, work and play. As a top 100 BC Employer, we also offer one of the best benefits packages in Canada, including Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, a defined pension plan and paid vacation starting at 4 weeks to a maximum of 7 weeks annually.
This position can be located within any of the beautiful communities within the Interior Health region.
About the Role
The Director, Advanced Practice Nursing provides leadership, facilitation, and coordination to a variety of strategies that support the development, implementation, and evaluation of Advanced Practice Nursing (Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Certified Practice Registered Nurses) in Interior Health (IH). This includes, but is not limited to, the development, implementation, and evaluation of Advanced Practice Nursing models, standards, quality practice environments, professional development, and education within IH. The Director, participates in collaborative planning with regional/site/program Executive Directors/Directors within the context of an integrated system of services built upon a foundation of interprofessional practice.
The Director, Advanced Practice Nursing has overall responsibility for the management of specific Advanced Practice Nursing initiatives and strategies that work in support of IH’s overall strategic and operational plans. In consultation with site/program Executive Directors/Directors and other stakeholders, the Director, works collaboratively to ensure there is ongoing performance measurement of Advanced Practice Nursing services within IH.
The Director establishes partnerships and working relationships with organizations external to IH that have an impact on Advanced Practice Nursing. This includes, but is not limited to, professional Organizations (NNPBC), and professional Colleges (BCCNM), educational institutions, and other Health Authorities.
1. Provides leadership for the planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring of all aspects of Advanced Practice Nursing based on population and operational needs. Provides direction for optimized services that comply with current legislation, professional standards, and organizational policies.
2. Provides leadership for Advanced Practice Nursing by overseeing a network of expert nurses that promote the use of evidence; provide expert support and consultation; and facilitate system change with the goal of striving towards standardization ensuring that procedures, protocols, and guidelines developed by these expert nurses are communicated and implemented throughout IH.
3. Manages financial resources by preparing the regional budget for approval, monitoring the budget, identifying variances, and taking corrective action required in order to maintain fiscal responsibility and accountability. Supports operational supervisors in these functions through regular consultations.
4. Plans and implements new programs and improvements to existing programs within the geographic area and on an IH-wide basis to ensure the delivery of the highest quality of service possible with existing resources.
5. Provides recommendations, advice, and council to clinical and medical leaders regarding Advanced Nursing Practice by participating in cross-discipline committees and site-specific councils where appropriate.
6. Develops strategies for Advanced Practice Nursing and participates in or co-leads relevant research.
7. Manages staff by recruiting, hiring, disciplining, and terminating staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to Advanced Practice Nursing operational supervisors.
8. Participates in labor relations activities as required. Interprets employment and service contracts, collective agreements and legislation in consultation with Human Resources.
9. Ensures that safe, quality service is delivered in a cost-effective, consistent, and standard manner by working with the Clinical Operations leadership teams to ensure that accreditation standards are met and monitored appropriately.
10. Ensures that processes, activities, and practices are evidence-based and consistently applied across IH by working with the Chief Nursing Officer and Professional Practice Lead, the Professional Practice Office, HAMAC, and other internal stakeholders.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.