CGI is offering an exciting opportunity as a Python / SQL Developer. As a member of CGI’s national practice providing retail banking solutions and services to credit unions, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The financial industry is in the midst of dramatic change and credit unions are challenged with finding faster, more innovative ways of providing solutions and services to their customers who have more alternatives than ever before. Digital transformation and digital services are disrupting traditional financial institutions, instead offering businesses and households access to services that are customized specifically to personalized needs and wants of the end consumer. Omni-channel experience, mobile self-service, predictive analytics, data governance, robotic process automation, FinTech partnerships, and open banking requirements have turned the banking industry on its head. Staying relevant is key while customer retention and growth has never been more challenging. Our clients are turning to CGI to help them remodel their operations and assist in navigating through the massive digital transformational changes required to remain competitive.
• Designing database tables and structures, creating views, functions and stored procedures
• Writing optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications
• Creating reports using Python
• Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution
• Support with developing Source-to-Staging-to-Target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts
• Design data migration processes including collection of source data, data transfer mechanism and data upload mechanism using API’s
• Responsible for capturing data validations that impact the migration process and liaise with data stewards to assess data quality gaps on legacy data against those validations.
• Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
• Lead, coach and mentor other members
• 100% adherence to CGI policies (Member Commitment to the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Dress Code, Travel, Expenses, etc.)
• Experience using Python
• Experience with Relational SQL (Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server) databases, Postgres preferred
• Experience working on data migration projects
Nice to Have:
• Proficient with AWS Native services like Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, RDS, EC2, EMR Lambda, Step Functions, Sage Maker etc.
• Experience working with API’s using Python
• Possess knowledge of Agile or Scaled Agile Frameworks, certifications are a plus.
• Experience working with Jira, SharePoint,
• Experience in retail banking and/or credit union space
• Self-motivated with attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills with the ability to balance immediate and longer term tasks and requirements
• Strong sense of ownership and ability to drive tasks through to completion
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience