“What is the opportunity?
The Senior Business System Analyst (BSA) will be working on an RBC big data platform with data from multiple internal and external data sources; the BSA will need to be able to create new variable/feature requirements, data mapping, and data gap/issue investigation. The Candidate will also support the IBM applications for GRM’s credit strategies and models.
What will you do?
• Understanding various lending product and client attributes from upstream systems
• Performing data gap analysis, systems, processes and procedures as required for the project
• Create reporting mapping logic or requirements documentation
• Communicating requirement to development and QA, performing testing, coordinating UAT testing and assisting production implementation
• Report the BA team working status and raise concerns or issues that may hinder the project progress as planned to management and PMs
• Contributing to the process re-engineering and process improvement
• Supporting the GRM credit strategy and analytics team
What do you need to succeed?
• Experience in data hub with various data sources of lending products (e.g. Line of credit, credit card, mortgage etc.) and client databases
• Experience in systems implementation, process improvements or systems reengineering projects with a banking organization or consulting company
• Knowledge of SDLC lifecycle, waterfall, Agile, and others and experience with Confluence and Jira
• Moderate or advanced proficiency in SQL and ability to read through Python code for understanding existing variable mapping logic
• Good collaboration skills and willingness to function as part of a team
• Good problem solving skills in order to perform independent root cause analysis of data issues
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Undergraduate degree or higher, preferable in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or Engineering
• Work experience with RBC credit related systems, e.g. ESN-D, EDW, ERDL, CORE, and CSDM etc.
• Retail banking experience and/or financial institution experience
• Experience with Hadoop and Hive
• Experience with API implementation
• Data Science and Machine Learning experience”