Senior Oracle DBA
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely-related
• Oracle certified Professional Oracle 10 or 11 OCP (preferred)
• Good communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to professionally represent the DBA activities of our product within our organization.
• Capable of formulating policies and procedures for DBA activities.
• Continuously look to improve data management processes.
• Work with minimal supervision.
Other Requirements (e.g. travel, shift work, on-call duty, overtime):
Evening and weekend work is occasionally needed to support the client environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Seeking a talented Senior Oracle DBA. The ideal candidate must have 7+ years of Oracle DBA and some PL/SQL experience along with good communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for ensuring maximum up-time with maximum throughput to meet established service-level agreements (SLAs), ensuring backup integrity, and providing support to development and application support groups as needed.
• Installation, upgrades, daily support, performance tuning (10g/11g/12c), rman backup/recovery/duplication, monitoring primary+standby databases
• Monitor database and server performance and identify current and future potential bottle-necks
• You will assist in the development of processes, procedures, and jobs to monitor and/or automate tasks required to maintain databases. Your duties will also include the gathering and communicate database performance metrics for internal and external audiences.
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience as a DBA in a team setting, providing 24/7 support to mission-critical applications and databases
-Korn shell scripting essential (for DBA related monitoring)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Must Have – Technical Skills, minimum 7 years related experience in the following areas:
• Experience supporting Oracle in a production environment up to version 12c,11gR2 on Unix/Linux
• Experience/ Working Knowledge about Oracle Exadata and Exadata Resource Management (IORM)
• Experience/Working Knowledge about Oracle Encryption Offerings ( at Rest, in Transit, Vault Server)
• Extensive performance Tuning using OEM/AWR/ADDM/ASHRPT
• Backup and recovery and RMAN (Must Have)
• Oracle ASM, Grid Infrastructure, RAC (preferred skills)
• Upgrades and Patches
• Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM 10g,12c & 13c)
• Strong familiarity with Unix/Linux command line interface
• Significant experience with shell scripting on Unix/Linux
• Tune database code (packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc) for the application as required
• Provide support to the customers/developers to resolve their technical problems with the data and/or database
Good to Have –
• Knowledge of 18c,19c & Oracle Cloud
• Familiarity with ZFS”