• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Computer Science, Geography, Natural Resource Management, or other related degree) ) with 3 years related experience; OR Diploma (Resource Technology, Information Technology or other related diploma) with 5 years related experience.
• Experience in application management and managing data and data collection/storage systems, preferably in a natural resource environment.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining Oracle and/or other relational databases, database administration, data modelling.
• Experience with a variety of scripting and automation tools including PL/SQL Developer, Python, R.
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems.
• Experience in developing, documenting and coordinating test plans and user acceptance testing.
• Experience in API and software development methodologies including agile.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following experience:
• Experience managing data and data collection/management systems for environmental monitoring & reporting.
• Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Project management and/or business analysis training/certification.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Robert.Williams@gov.bc.ca.
About this Position:
This position can be based in any Env & Climate Change Strategy office. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service: