At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
A Technology Sales Representative role (what we internally call a ‘Brand Sales Specialist’) means a career where you’re leading prospective clients towards the era of hybrid cloud and AI – helping our clients transform their business. We build and scale with trust and transparency to drive digital transformation, deliver personalized customer experiences and help enterprises make more data-backed decisions. It means you’ll be directly impacting our clients’ adoption of next-generation hybrid cloud platforms to develop, run and manage workloads of some of the worlds most influential enterprises and brands.
Our excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist you’ll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust, and show them how IBM’s industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
IBM’s Technology organization is currently seeking Brand Sales Specialists with experience in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions.
We’re passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing, and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a ‘day-in-the life’ of this role may include, but not be limited to…
- Managing a dedicated client set and defining, confirming, and communicating the differentiated value of IBM’s technology at both the technical and business level.
- Using your solution-selling expertise you’ll be identifying and engaging decision makers and influencers, qualifying business opportunities, and responding to clients’ needs to create strategic, long-term partnerships.
- Managing the entire sales process, from RFI / RFP response preparation, and ensuring delivery against KPIs, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborating with the broader IBM sales ecosystem, from Marketing to Sales and technical colleagues, to IBM Business Partners, to build sales campaigns and incremental pipeline.
Locations : Toronto, Markham, Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record of success in technology sales, with emphasis on new client acquisition.
- Demonstrable application of business and commercial acumen, communicated at all levels, to show the operational impact and financial value of technological solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that are equally engaging, compelling, and influential.
- You are a self-starter who’s curious and not afraid of a challenge while challenging others around you.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Industry knowledge in one of the following areas: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Science, Internet of Things, Security or System Hardware solutions in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients’ credible, trusted advisor. Training on IBM’s offerings is provided.