As a Partner Technical Specialist your mission is to influence Partner technical strategy to include IBM’s Technology vs competition, working to both incorporate and embed IBM’s technology portfolio into Partner’s reference architectures, practices, and solutions. As a technical seller with deep skills in your assigned Brand, you increase Partner technical capabilities by enabling their sales and technical sellers to demonstrate and conduct POC of IBM Technology at scale with their clients. A Partner Technical Specialist will cover the Ecosystem Build Motions, market opportunity, and/or Partner growth opportunity with the goal of growing the capability and capacity of the overall Ecosystem.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Depth of technical skills in assigned Brands and Portfolio (e.g., Data & AI, Automation, Security & AI Apps) to support partner’s Build opportunities. Continuously expands essential business, industry, technology, and architecture.
Earn trust and influence partner’s tech agenda with a reputation of deep industry knowledge for assigned Brands and Portfolio. Facilitates pre-sales technical activities, e.g., joint proof of technology and demonstration between partners and IBM. Leads delivery of partner joint-learning activities to build technical skills and expertise of partners to enable co-sell motions. Coordinates with CSM to drive post-sale technical adoption and deployment.
Champions an entrepreneurial mindset and technical eminence to deliver unique value by leveraging industry, Brand, and portfolio expertise to drive innovations to accelerate
partners’ success as a strategic technical advisor.
Measurement of Success
• Partner revenue (sell-to, sell-through, embed)
• Number of revenues contributing Partners to measure Partner capacity, skills and GTM execution
• Plan to be skilled at the highest level within their brand discipline
• Number of new Build Partner solutions with embedded IBM Technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Technical skill on IBM Data and AI Solutions, including IBM Cloud Pak for Data, DB2, DataStage, CDC, Cognos, Watson Knowledge Catalog, Watson Assistant, IBM Watson Discovery, Planning Analytics TM1, OpenPages GRC solution etc.
• Delivering Proof of Concepts with installation of software and building of sample application solutions
• Working with IT Architects, sellers, business partners, and units of IBM as needed to create an effective solution for clients
• Providing technical sales leadership to key accounts to promote IBM UGI software usage and development of new opportunities
• Collaborating with business partners to develop their skills and solutions
• Other responsibilities include coordination of activities with internal and external stakeholders, presentations on marketing and enablement events
• Product Solutions experience in the areas such as ETL/ELT, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Governance
• Knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift or similar container platform would be advantages
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
5 years of experience in a direct customer-facing technical sales role
5 years of exp. developing with IBM Data and AI technologies
Experience with, and Understanding of Cloud Architecture and DevOps(Public, Private, Hybrid, Multicloud)