At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly hardworking individuals to fill consultative, client-focused, technical sales roles. This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates.
Please note: This is not a coding or development role. There are opportunities to maximize your strong technical expertise to consult with clients, helping them design technical solutions.
The anticipated start date for this role is January 19, 2021.
IBM offers an industry leading full-time training program for new grads and early career professionals. If you’re ready to take your sales career to the next level, you may be ready for the Summit Program and a rewarding sales career at IBM!
Summit Sales Program
The Summit Sales training program is a nine-month development program, in which we provide outstanding technology, industry solution training, shadowing opportunities and consultative sales training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to match the technical capabilities of IBM offerings to client requirements and help you grow as a leader.
After completing your Summit training, you will continue to develop your skills over the next 6 months “on the job” working with a job role mentor, engaging with customers and gaining deeper skills aligned to your business unit, offerings and territory. IBM is investing in more than one year of sales training and is committed to your success.
This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Conversant, knowledgeable and passionate about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
For additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit
Technical Sales Roles at IBM
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. As part of IBM’s technical sales team, you will work with clients as they advance their digital transformation. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
After your first year, you transition to a full sales plan and continue working with clients and building a successful technical sales career which may include one of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Technology Services, Systems Hardware, Global Finance or Digital Sales. You may also work as a Client Relationship Seller in our Commercial, Enterprise or Industry teams.
In a Technical Sales role you will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust, credibility and develop long-term relationships
- Help clients grow their businesses by solving strategic, technical and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Partner with clients and demonstrate your technical expertise to assist your sales counterparts and maintain client satisfaction
- Deliver industry-centric technology solutions to clients of all sizes and markets
- Work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same
- Work with the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts
- Be ready to interact with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people daily
Joining IBM is about more than joining a company, you are joining a community. IBM embodies a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice.
At IBM we are also focused on helping communities take on challenges big and small. IBM brings the power of its technology, resources, and people to help with initiatives around the world, from education to health to resilience. As an IBM employee, you would have opportunities to give back to your local community and make a difference through various programs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Must be able to travel to the US during your first week at IBM and up to 25% during Summit training
- Valid Driver’s license
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in sales or service in the technology industry (up to 5 years)
- Programming coursework or experience
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.