Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cloud CTO Office is responsible for defining the Next Generation IBM Public Cloud Platform, setting up the long-term strategic direction for IBM Cloud, and ensuring that IBM Cloud meets customer and regulatory expectations.
This position is for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to drive and execute on IBM Cloud CTO security and architecture technical programs, one who is excited by and excels at bringing order and understanding to initial ambiguity, and executing on key technical strategic initiatives. To both drive and position IBM Cloud as the Platform for secure regulated workloads, we need to drive and execute on technical programs to deliver on key IBM Public Cloud initiatives, including Cloud architecture and security guidance patterns, diagrams, documentation and architecture artifacts, including data boundary models, network flows, compliance controls and procedures, operator access patterns, and Cloud Platform-wide System Security Plans to be used in high-profile customer engagements and audits.
IBM Cloud’s ability to retain and capture regulated customers will hinge on our ability to communicate how and why our Cloud Platform meets regulatory and customer expectations; our Technical Program Managers for the IBM Cloud CTO Office play a pivotal role for IBM Cloud, with significant opportunities to align technical strategy with key IBM Cloud business strategic initiatives.
- Manage global large-scale, cross-functional, and cross-organization programs, and track to completion; regularly communicate status and technical progress across organizations and upline to executives and senior technical leaders
- Manage competing business and technical priorities, and bring order and understanding to initial ambiguity
- Drive and track technical issues to closure and find solutions for issues as they arise
- Research technical initiatives, with a primary emphasis on architecture, and security and compliance initiatives
- Produce documentation related to IBM Public Cloud architecture, security, and compliance guidance for IBM Cloud services and software offerings
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to produce patterns and documentation that clearly capture roles and responsibilities across IBM Cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Work closely with IBM Cloud service engineering teams and architects to onboard services to the IBM Public Cloud Catalog, ensuring the services adequately meet Platform architecture standards
- Actively participate in and execute on IBM Cloud architectural decisions, design, and code review results and open actions
- Work closely with remote, distributed teams in all phases of Cloud services development
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years technical program management experience in managing medium- to large-scale Cloud programs and projects
- Proven experience producing technical documentation
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in driving Cloud security, compliance, and architecture standards, principles, and related guidance to closure, and ensuring adoption of guidance
- Experience with defining technical project scope, identifying risks, identifying dependencies, and executing to close on deliverables
- Exceptional problem-solver, with ability to understand technical context and determine root cause, and move forward and close on problems at the root
- Familiar with Cloud regulatory frameworks and compliance standards
- Experience with collaborating effectively across remote teams and time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communications and negotiation skills across a variety of stakeholders, including architects, engineering teams, and senior technical leadership
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or similar field and/or experience
- Background and experience in Cloud networking is desirable
- Knowledge of micro-services based modern software development
- Understanding of DevOps environments, and operational and automation procedures
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.