Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Our Station Operations Central is seeking one (1) Supervisor, Station Operations to supervise provisions of customer sales and station management for all GO Transit passenger handling facilities and associated properties within the assigned region.
- Supervises provision of station management for all GO Transit passenger handling facilities and associated properties within the assigned region, including:
- Executing operational plans to meet obligations outlined in leases, licenses and operational agreements for buildings, properties and associated equipment
- Supervising operational maintenance and enhancements for safe operation of Union Station GO Transit corridor and owned or leased infrastructure, property, and associated systems and equipment (e.g. remedial, emergent, emergency, and operational maintenance of platforms, train shed, operational towers and the rail right-of–way)
- Providing input into engineering design and construction for planned and remedial maintenance and approved rehabilitation of fixed assets and associated equipment and facilities, and supervising their execution
- Coordinating fleet vehicle and equipment maintenance (e.g. sourcing vehicle and light/heavy equipment service contractors)
- Supervising maintenance of health, safety and environmental and protection systems and employee and passenger safety and security at GO Transit passenger facilities in compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and legislative requirements
- Responding to identified facilities and equipment issues to restore their safe operation
- Managing snow and ice control operations and maintaining associated contracts and records
- Initiating procedures for security monitoring devices throughout the GO system; programming the security system to protect GO Transit’s assets and properties;
- Coordinating and reviewing Station, Rail and Bus signage and their installation requirements
- Investigates claims made against GO Transit and its contractors; prepares documentation for discovery, internal investigations, and court proceedings; investigates customer inquiries, complaints, commendations and/or suggestions, determines appropriate responses to mitigate circumstance
NOTE: The hours of work for this positon will be 1000 – 1800 M-F, these hours are subject to change based on operational requirements; Availability required to work weekends and statutory holidays, based on operational requirements. This position involves participation in the rotational on-call.
- Minimum six (6) years’ progressive experience operating and maintaining transit and/or transportation facilities, preferably with experience supervising staff and contractors
- Hold a valid certificate/license in any of the following trades: Industrial Plant Maintenance, Mechanic/Millwright, Electrician, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic, Station Engineer – Class IV or lower and/or completion of a diploma in Business Administration, Real Estate Property Management or related field or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “G” license with a good driving record and ability to obtain a GO Transit Operators Permit
- Can successfully complete environmental, safety and other training required by corporate policy, including the ability to obtain Frist Aid certification
- Knowledge of transit operations, facility management, tickets and tariffs
- Knowledge of applicable health, safety, transportation, construction, and environmental legislation and codes (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Workers’ Safety and Insurance Board Act (WSIB), Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act, fire and building codes, Fire Prevention and Protection Act, Energy Act, Electrical Code, Elevating Devices Act, Canadian Standards Association and the Canadian Rail Operating Rules)
- Understanding union related collective bargaining administration
- Supervisory and administrative skills to supervise provision of customer sales and station management
- Analytical skills with a practical knowledge of basic accounting to audit sales floats, cash receipts, and ticket inventories
- Standard office applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) to develop reports and disseminate regular updates via notices and bulletins at station locations
- Interpersonal, public relations, oral/written/presentation communication and diplomacy skills to supervise the ongoing operation of station and fleet facilities and equipment, disseminate information, and develop audit reports and recommendations to address operational issues and customer complaints and claims
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than September 20, 2018.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER