As a Senior Project Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking experienced Senior Project Executive for our CAS Practice (Cloud Application Innovation). We wish to add senior talent to help drive our market growth and shape new solutions which deliver end-to-end transformation for our clients. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses.
CAS assumes the management of all or part of our clients’ application portfolio and portions of infrastructure to enable focus on core strategic business competencies. IBM applies its deep business and technology skills, leading innovation and world-class business processes to streamline application management functions, improve governance, and modernize application portfolios in support of future business needs and strategic shifts-all while reducing costs.
We require an extraordinary team leader, an astute business person, who exhibits exceptional business insight, with executive/boardroom presence and outstanding judgment.
Our engagements can be characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resources issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of the program and / or our clients. The programs are normally large and complex situations that are often global in scope and negotiations are conducted at the highest levels. This role provides an opportunity to work with world class clients and world class IBM products and services and provides a good balance between selling opportunities and delivery.
As a Senior Project Executive, you will be responsible for managing large, complex engagements, for delivery excellence, proper communication with the client and the IBM teams, proper financial performance and identifying additional sales opportunities.
You can demonstrate equally balanced skills in the following key areas:
- Client relationship management;
- Consultative selling;
- Financial / business management;
- Portfolio / program management;
- Team / people management.
Responsibilities for complex delivery include:
- analyzing Business & IT Challenges;
- applying Strategic Innovative Thinking for Insights;
- applying Strategic Risk Taking;
- managing Complex Business Outsourcing Contracts;
- advising on Large or Complex Engagements;
- applying Deal Making Techniques to Complex Opportunities;
- leading Development of Large/Complex Deals/Bids;
- applying Risk Management Skills.
Key duties include:
- Being the primary focal point and owner for all activities on a large complex contract;
- Successful delivery of IBM’s largest and most complex client commitments;
- Managing client engagements, ensuring delivery of solutions for complex IT, business and client requirements;
- Constructing partnerships between clients, team IBM, vendors, and subcontractor organizations and managing the implementation of these partnerships to address business;
- Accountability for meeting revenue, profit, and growth objectives and for improving overall customer satisfaction targets;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships at all levels with the objective of being a trusted business partner;
- Proactively working with the client to identify their business objectives, priorities and directions, critical success factors and applying this knowledge to establish and implement an Account Strategy;
- Translating customer requirements into formal agreements, establishing specific solutions, and leading the efforts that culminate in client acceptance of the results.
- Having overall responsibility for their contractual cost, schedule and contractual deliverables;
- Managing IBM resources and coordinating client resources to deliver services and solutions to support the client organization;
- Being recognized for business acumen by the customer you support.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Manufacturing OR Industrial OR Public Industry experience;
- Strong Program management skills;
- Extensive experience with SAP
- At least 6 years’ experience driving large projects to successful completion from both delivery and financial perspectives;
- A proven track record of interacting with senior personnel at the client site in a consulting environment;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of IT Solutions;
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated oversight of:
- Project revenue of $8-10M;
- Team: 250-300 (on & offshore);
- Cloud, API or legacy Contracts
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years’ experience driving large projects to successful completion from both delivery and financial perspectives;
- ERP exposure, especially with SAP.
- PMP certification;
- Prefer candidates that possess a knowledge of IBM’s internal structure and processes
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.