Aimia is building a team focused on new digital product creation. The intent is for a stand-alone, cross-disciplinary group (Start Up) to own a broad product innovation mandate, which includes:
- Identifying potential market areas for new products
- Conceptualizing product/market fit
- Experience-led differentiation
- Competitive positioning
- Marketing opportunity sizing
- Path to win
- Building a business case to support funding exploration
- Conducting design prototyping to better understand potential areas for product/market fit based on user-centered findings
- Developing product MVPs; rapidly iterating based on results
- Scaling product successes through multiple phases of growth
- Integrating products into Aimia’s overall portfolio of experiences serving 5+ million customers
We are very early in the process and are looking for key hires with a “founder’s mentality” who would be intrigued by a powerful proposition.
As a seasoned Senior iOS Developer, you will be assigned to one of our new product development teams and play a key part in bringing these products to life by delivering robust and secure mobile SDK and APIs. Working in an Agile (SAFE) development environment and embracing the concepts of Lean Product Design, you will be initially building code to validate product market fit hypothesis for our Product Design team and then helping build cutting edge products with multiple product releases per day.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record and have a passion for working in a Start Up environment and everything this entails: a fast-paced development environment involving prototyping and rapidly pivoting when experimentation pushes the product in a specific direction; an Agile software development methodology; modern development tools (including DevOps).
If you feel you are a match, we have an exciting job for you!
What does it entail?
Specifically, the Senior iOS Developer will focus on these critical areas:
- Initially, work with the Functional Designer and Lead Engineer to build mock-ups and working prototypes to support Design thinking product development. Answering the “what is possible?” question from the Product Teams and leveraging existing building blocks wherever possible.
- Contribute to planning Sprints by helping break down Stories into Tasks/Activities.
- Design, code, unit test and integrate new features and functionality during current Sprints in accordance with Acceptance Criteria defined by the Product Owner and team.
- Perform various technical investigative tasks called “Spikes” in order to mitigate technical uncertainty and risk
- Assist in the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high quality code
- Apply disciplined coding practices to enable agility and delivery of high quality code.
- Update progress daily through the tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board. Assist the Lead Engineer and the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates.
What’s required to succeed?
- Professional experience in app development (Published app)
- Deep knowledge of iOS programming (Objective-C/ Swift) and mobile design principles
- A solid grasp of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with full life-cycle development of an iOS app, from design, development and testing through to publishing and maintenance.
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for both iPhone and iPad applications using UIKit and Interface
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Graphics, Core Animations, GCD, etc.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment is an asset
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.