Senior API Developer
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best-in-class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work on a variety of projects and requests.
• Design, develop, test rest API +Java solutions, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
• Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
• Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
• Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the software development lifecycle (SDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind
• Work with team members to prioritize and manage your own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
• Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A University degree or a Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 7+ experience application development using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, SQL(Oracle),
• Demonstrable hands on experience with both batch and REST services, as well as MyBatis or Hibernate.
Experience in OAS Spec creation
• Hands on experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• 7+ years experience in any RDBMS, Oracle preferred.
• Hands-on Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, SQL(Oracle), TBP Bucket or Git.
Nice to have: Linux, Struts, Jenkins, Tomcat/JBOSS and (any) Cloud; experience in API migration to Azure will be a plus.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.