The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) is currently in search for a Sales Optimization Manager to join our team. This exciting position reports directly to the Director, Sales. The Sales Optimization Manager provides business analysis and recommendations that assist with the development of the sales strategy for the Vancouver Convention Centre. They are responsible for creating, maintaining and analyzing the reports required to maximize the revenues, profits, and utilization of the meeting space, balancing the need to generate non-resident delegates for the local hospitality community. Working with the Sales, Events and Catering teams, they monitor the proper usage of the Ungerboeck Event Business Management Software (EBMS) calendar. They monitor competitive pricing and trends in order to make recommendations that will grow revenues, profits, and efficiencies.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world-class facilities – BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally- recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit. PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill, and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
Located on Vancouver’s downtown waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world to build your career. Our award-winning facility hosts more than 550 events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees from around the world. Apart from generating vital economic activity for BC, these events provide an important platform for the exchange of knowledge and information across industry sectors. The Convention Centre is an enviable position, consistently attracting globally sought-after events that bring industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science and many other influential fields. Apart from the distinction of ‘Best Convention Centre and Best Convention Centre Service in North America’ by Watkins Research Group, we are proud to be the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention centre. Our commitment to global leadership in environmental sustainability does not stop at our building; we follow sustainable practices daily from our ‘scratch’ kitchen that provides healthy food offerings to our staff and guests using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, to our extensive facility-wide recycling program.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Analyzing and Reporting
- Creates and maintains reports that will assist the development of strategic direction. Reports include but are not limited to: Sales Productivity, Pace, Conversion, Booking Window, REVPASQ (Revenue per available square foot), Funnel, Occupancy
- Analyzes reports and identifies opportunities to grow revenue, profit and NRDD’s
- Acts as EBMS expert for the Sales Department and assists team members with reports that assist them to achieve individual and team goals.
- Proactively looks for opportunities in the EBMS booking calendar to ensure yield maximization through effective space This includes working with Sales, Events, and Catering team members to manipulate existing bookings in order to create straight-line availability.
- Analyzes group programs prior to being confirmed to the client, ensuring meeting space is being used efficiently.
- Monitors sales funnel for decision dates and proper use of status. Highlights upcoming decision dates and status conflicts for Director of Sales.
- Monitors booking conflicts on a daily basis and work directly with Sales, Events and Catering teams to find a solution.
- Monitors space release and agenda due dates on definite groups. Determines the optimum re-allocation of space when a customer releases space or changes agenda.
- Audits all bookings at the turnover process from sales to events, ensuring all space is covered through a contract and that it is properly held in EBMS.
- Provides analysis and input that assists with the development of the budget and Sales & Marketing plan.
- Creates a monthly forecast of revenues for the fiscal year as compared to budget and last year. Identifies the gap between these benchmarks and recommends strategies to mitigate the gaps.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on booking parameters that maximize the utilization of meeting space. Monitors new bookings for compliance to booking parameters. Booking parameters include revenue thresholds, NRDD requirements, and booking window.
- As a key member of the Business Evaluation team, provides analytics and recommendations on how to proceed with an opportunity that does not meet booking parameters.
- Proactively looks for “hard to sell” patterns and need dates and communicates to the Director of Sales
- Conducts semi-annual competitive analysis on the pricing of facility and services. Makes recommendations on changes to pricing strategies that will assist the Centre to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Monitors the marketplace for trends that improve the efficiency of the booking process. Vets potential new ways to re-design workflow. (e.g. online booking of small meetings).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A combination of education and experience in a relevant industry and role.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with strong presentation ability.
- Excellent collaborative skills and proven leadership expertise.
- Ability to understand and integrate all internal and external drivers that impact problem-solving and decision making.
- Ability to leverage Excel to create dashboards from raw data to set goals, implement KPI’s, and improve processes.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills across all levels of management as well as within multi-functional teams.
- Solve problems through innovation, developing partnerships, finding opportunities, and determining appropriate solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.