At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works.
Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers-people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
IBM seeks to hire a Proposal Manager.
Enhanced Reliability security status needed- minimum of 5 consecutive years living Canada to apply for Enhanced Reliability Clearance
- Business Analysis experience
- Information technology background desired
- Review the detailed Request requirements in the Request for Service (RFS) and obtain additional requirement details if necessary. Review each new and re-issued RFS to determine the Delivery Towers required to solution this RFS.
- Request Client approval of requirements or rework if required (the Proposal Manager prime but works in conjunction with the Solution Architect).
- Receive the solution design and labor cost case from the integrator / Solution Architect and engage solutioning team for initial effort estimate.
- Launch solutioning of the RFS Proposal with the proposal team.
- Develop and complete the proposal.
- Perform quality assurance as necessary. Contract and Negotiations (C&N) if a solution will impact the Contract. Obtain the price for the solution using Pricing template/tool.
- Finalize the proposal Response document and update the RFS Tool. Post all RFS proposal documents listed on the Proposal Manager Checklist in RFS Tool.
- Upon completing the Proposal submit final proposal to RFS Administrator for Bid Release.
- Coordinate and ensure that risk management is completed; Obtain internal approvals.
- Contact C&N if a solution will impact the Contract; Ensure Bid Release Letter is in place.
- Update the RFS Tool on a regular basis; Post all RFS proposal documents listed on the Proposal Manager Checklist in RFS Tool.
- Communication with the client on a regular basis
- Ready to work fixable hours
- IT Project Management Delivery experience desired
- IT Background experience needed, preferably infrastructure experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Enhanced Reliability security status needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Professional communication skills; organization skills; attention to detail; minimum 5 years Project Management infrastructure knowledge/experience; PMP Certification nice to have.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.