More about Aimia and what we do
What is the focus of this role?
The Partnerships & Rewards Services (P&RS) team is responsible for creating and delivering best-in-class propositions to engage consumers and create excitement with the value offered. The Air Miles Partnerships Manager will be the direct lead for the sourcing of redemption partners, value add benefits for members and the development of an eco-system of rewards that deliver a rounded experience for members and also incremental revenue to the programme. We use our expertise to build propositions that develop customer relationships and deliver market beating business results.
In support of our MENA strategy the Air Miles Partnerships Manager will build strategically aligned valuable partnerships in support of the growth of our Air Miles coalition loyalty programme and proprietary client programme strategies. Liaising with the Client, Client Services team and Partners and Suppliers, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing and managing compelling rewards and partnerships across our Coalition and client programs alike to meet Aimia and Client objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring the execution and delivery of the partnerships and rewards sourced is flawless and provide first-response in the event of issues.
You need to bring excellence and experience in the arena of partnerships that will help us grow and deliver with speed, scale and focus. We want you to exceed our clients’ and members’ expectations and to do this in a distinctive way.
Your primary focus will be on the Air Miles coalition loyalty programme and you will have the opportunity to shape the way in which we drive our aspiration for partnerships to add value to both clients and members. This role is a key part of the team and will draw on support from within the P&RS team and across Aimia departments to ensure success. You will leverage your strength in creative thinking to identify new partners and propositions to complement the Air Miles programme. Whilst the role is UAE focused, limited travel within the region may be required
What you will be doing:
Partnerships & Rewards Strategy & Development
- Have a solid understanding of the loyalty program strategies and business objectives.
- Continuously pursue new opportunities to provide better value to members.
- Regularly compile, review and interpret program and customer data in collaboration with our Insights team to anticipate and respond to customers’ needs and determine the correct partner mix and target sectors.
- Proactively develop insights and recommendations to add value and deepen the relationship between Aimia, our clients and our partners.
- Monitor activity to measure overall performance of partnerships and related campaigns.
Sourcing and Range Management
- Work with the local Head of Partnerships & Rewards to develop key strategic partner and vendor relationships that provide value, compelling rewards and innovation to consistently meet client strategy and objectives (including contract negotiations and renewals), for existing and new programs/clients/markets.
- You’ll be accountable for leading, negotiating and closing agreed partnership targets, primarily in the UAE, and therefore need to be proactive, committed and capable of leading and owning the complete sale cycle.
- Mixing new business with the growth of existing partnerships you will manage the core redemption proposition product offering and ultimately driving engagement with members, new and old.
- You’ll be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing our client partnership requirements.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective day-to-day partner and vendor relationships.
- Identify and secure supplier-funded marketing opportunities and campaigns.
- Develop proposals, business cases and offers with partners and vendors (including price negotiation, contract management and forecasting).
- Develop reward and partner marketing plans and creative strategy to introduce and promote new rewards and offers tailored to suit client requirements.
Partnerships & Rewards Operations
- Working in parallel with Client Services, Operations and Marketing teams you will ensure that the department delivers against all programme KPI’s.
- Oversee and support the effective delivery of P&RS operational services to clients, including owning incident resolution and short notice change implementation.
- Monitoring and managing partner/ and vendor performance, anticipating change and issues.
- Oversee the required finance processes to ensure partner invoices are paid on time and in full, and costs are re-charged to clients with speed and 100% accuracy along with all necessary supporting information.
Subject Matter Expertise and Industry Knowledge
- Seek out and share up-to-date market intelligence, knowledge of retail market trends, new products / ranges and supplier offerings with team, Client Services and clients as appropriate.
- Develop an awareness of competitors and partner programs, conducting and sharing competitor analysis where valuable.
- Research the rewards & partnerships marketplace for new territories.
What we would like you to have:
- A proven track record in the recruitment of successful, relevant partnerships in the UAE is essential.
- Strategic Partnerships, Sales/Account Management experience preferably from within the loyalty, publishing, F&B, retail, FMCG or media industries.
- Demonstrable understanding of business and social culture within the UAE.
- A network of relevant existing vendor/brand relationships is highly desirable.
- Loyalty experience and program knowledge is preferable, but not mandatory.
- A persuasive, collaborative and engaging demeanor. The best partnerships are not easy to acquire and deliver.
- Highly organised, numerate and analytical.
- Experience of working in a client-facing environment with KPIs/SLAs to manage.
- Ability to prioritise activity based on effect on the client, member and /business.
- Excellent business presentation and commercial acumen.
- Fluent in English with other languages being of benefit.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UAE.
Why would you not take the role?
- This is a role focused on providing the highest quality, speed and accuracy of delivery for Aimia, its clients and partners and will require a motivated candidate ready to challenge the status quo.
- If you’re not excited by challenge, opportunity or stretching yourself to deliver against an ambitious business strategy that centres around growth and innovation.
- You prefer to work in a structured environment with little change to day to day activities.
Not comfortable self-starti.