Who are we looking for?
Are you a passionate, experienced recruiter with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and develop/manage effective relationships? Are you a creative and innovative thinker with a focus on continuous development of recruitment strategies to attract talent? Do the words ‘determined’ and ‘solution-focused’ describe you well? If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
We are seeking a skilled Recruiter with demonstrated full cycle recruitment experience, including marketing and sourcing in specialized and difficult to fill positions, to join our high functioning physician recruitment team.
This position offers a flexible work from home schedule from anywhere within the Interior Health region!
What will I work on?
The Medical Staff Recruiter is responsible for full cycle recruitment of physicians, as identified on the Medical Staff Resource plan, and nurse practitioners, within the specific portfolio of recruitment activities. A strong recruitment team works collaboratively with related IH departments including Human Resources, Medical Affairs, Physician Compensation and Advanced Nursing Practice to ensure a high level of customer service and satisfaction for the candidate as well as IH medical and administrative leaders.
Some typical duties of the role:
• Applies full cycle recruitment practices to ensure IH medical staff recruitment needs are being met according to the Medical Staff Resource Plan Works collaboratively with medical staff recruitment leaders, Chiefs of Staff, Executive Medical Directors, and IH Administrators and Managers to proactively identify and fulfill medical staff recruitment needs.
• Under direction of the Manager, Medical & Executive Staff Recruitment, develops recruitment and sourcing strategies for maximum exposure and cost-effectiveness to target qualified candidates.
• Liaises and builds relationships with educational institutions to attract residents, physicians and nurse practitioners.
• Develops strong relationships with community partners, such as the Divisions of Family Practice, Healthmatch BC, and Doctors of BC.
• Provides expert guidance on best practice when filling a medical staff vacancy.
• Fiscally responsible for all areas of medical staff recruitment including advertising, recruitment claims, department travel expenses, and effective utilization of any eligible reimbursement available.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
If you are seeking a rewarding recruitment opportunity with an exceptional team, apply today!
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of five years of recent, related experience; recruiting in a complex environment focused on high profile positions.
• Advanced knowledge and creative ability in recruitment marketing and sourcing techniques for hard-to-fill positions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leaders, Regional Districts, and MLAs.
• Political astuteness.
Skills and Abilities:
• Sound knowledge of medical staff recruitment activities and best practice within IH and throughout the province.
• Knowledge of the Medical Staff Resource Plan and applicable policies and procedures.
• Possess a customer-focused approach and the ability to develop effective relationships with physician leaders, IH administrators and managers, and external stakeholders.
• Ability to establish rapport with individuals of all educational and occupational backgrounds.
• Enjoy working independently and as a collaborative team member including being able to cover recruitment needs in other portfolios as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
• Demonstrable professionalism, confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
• Utilize problem-solving and root-cause analytical skills.
• Ability to drive results in a positive and professional manner in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated experience in interviewing and using selection tools.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and any applicant tracking system.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $65,254 to $73,410 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.