At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The zOS Systems Programmer role require the resource to provide services in a customer, multi-vendor, multi-protocol complex network/systems environments.
Recent expertise with install and maintain Mainframe z/OS and related software products, Customize z/OS and related products. Perform problem determination and resolution, Participate in Disaster Recovery tests, Participate in Oncall rotation, Perform Security Healthchecking, Participate in Audits. Interacts with the customer, vendors and management to ensure high level of customer satisfaction. Primary point of contact strictly for zOS Operating Systems Q&A, engages in identifying and resolving complex problems relating to product and service installation, update, configuration, operations, performance, or other aspects of information technology products and services.
Interaction with other mainframe support teams (Security, Automation, Database, CICS, IMS) as well as the IBM Account team, IBM Project Managers and the customer’s technology teams as well.
The core zOS support team is a virtual team located across Canada.
Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to install, customize, test and implement ISV software; should have EXPERT skills and knowledge of user exits update and development. As well, must be be willing to work weekends and outside of normal business hours in a fast pace, dynamic and stressful environment.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance Level 2 – Secret.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applied knowledge with the installation of zOS and associated program products plusz/Mainframe components (Hardware & Software).
- z/OS install and support (applying user mods, testing software)
- SMP/E and system utilities, ACF2, RACF, IO Gen(HCD), Assembler Language knowledge and ability to develop, maintain and deploy Assembler code. BMC & IBM Scheduler software, TSO, ISPF, understanding of problem & change, management (eESM experience is an asset), Install and support program products, installing simple to complex (tape management and job scheduling) products, JES2 and JES3 advance skills are required,
- diagnostic skills: PD (problem determination), IPCS, LOGREC, Highly skilled with problem determination and resolution.
- SYSPLEX concepts, familiarity with CPU keys (ordering, applying), experience working with vendors.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience using Microsoft Word , Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Experience with audits and how to present material in an audit.
- Expertise of 15 year is required for this zOS SYSPROG posting.
- Overall desire to understand the IBM clients mainframe environment and how it can interface to other platforms.
- Self motivator, detail oriented, good problem solving and logic skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Personal desire to always improve.
- Independent, Adaptation to standard, able to work remotely and within a virtual team environment, communicate with peers across the country.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.