Salary: $67,418.93 to 77,019.79 per annum plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
There are two (2) vacancies
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The Senior Systems Analyst (Ecommerce) leads the design and development of IT and Business technology systems, develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements through the various phases of the application development life cycle. Undertakes integration work which has a significant impact across the IT environment and client departments. This position is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing effective solutions to meet requirements.
This position oversees system applications’ maintenance and enhancements varying in complexity, cost and business significance entailing both short and long term projects that may be either of a self-contained nature or ones which require the assignment, coordination and monitoring of work performed by other team or project resources to support the business objectives of the BC Liquor Distribution Branch.
Possesses experience in client/server environments including the implementation, integration and support of ecommerce, digital, financial and distribution systems.
The Senior Systems Analyst emphasize project control, coordination of project performance and economic utilization of resources assigned to the project and in-depth systems analysis to deliver key benefits to the LDB Ecommerce department.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position.
This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Parm.Randhawa@bcldb.com . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Formal post-secondary education in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience with enterprise Ecommerce systems and multichannel Ecommerce operations
- Experience with customer facing technologies, web, mobile and digital in-store technologies
- Experience with ERP and/or WMS systems
- Experience identifying key project milestones and producing project deliverables (i.e. Test plans, migration plans)
- Experience leading small project teams (5-7 people) including application developers, business area users and technical resources
- Will eventually become comfortable with all aspects of the our B2B and B2C websites infrastructure, integrations and systems to include: WCMS, PIM, DOMs, hosted cloud environments.
Experience with one or more of the following business technology systems and processes is preferred:
Ecommerce – Systems analysis experience with ecommerce systems, integrations, applications, interfaces and processes – WCMS, PIM, Payment, Order management, Marketing Tooling, Digital Merchandizing, Email and Transactional Messaging, Shipping, Analytics and Reporting, Inventory management, Customer Care and Service CRM, POS
Knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of database systems (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, SharePoint
- Knowledge of mobile applications and mobile websites
- Knowledge of single sign-on (SSO), such as SAML 2.0, is a plus
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and ecommerce web platforms
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure (i.e. Networking, testing methodologies, network level security)
- Knowledge of SOA Architecture
Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively to all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Ability to support routine process in personal computer and in-house/cloud server systems