At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you a sales professional who is as passionate about selling security services as you are about knowing your clients’ business and industry? Are you interested in making a difference for clients with IT security solutions that provide business results and a competitive edge?
As the IBM Security Services Sales Specialist, you’re the expert. You are passionate about your clients’ business, including their organization, financial success, competitiveness in the market, and business issues. You are equally knowledgeable about the unique capabilities of IBM’s Security Services and how they can be developed into winning solutions that serve the client needs. You will lead these sales pursuits together with a team of IBM security architects and consultants, while applying IBM security strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery. Not only do our salespeople sell some of the world’s most innovative IT security and business solutions, they also interact with leading edge clients in a wide array of fields.
- Territory planning and growth strategies.
- Ownership of opportunities in assigned territory,
- Examine all opportunities to determine if other IBM services/products would be of value,
- Maintain deep security services skills and a working knowledge of IT infrastructure solutions,
- Understand competition and develop appropriate sales strategy,
- Apply sales skills to engage and close opportunities with key decision makers,
- Ensure smooth transition from the sales phase to the delivery phase
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English and French Fluent (Verbal and Written).
- 3-5+ years of security services sales experience (project based and managed services).
- Proven sales experience and success in the development and closing security services opportunities -Includes. opportunity identification, qualification, developing value proposition and contract closing.
- Proven client relationship management experience and success – up to C level executives.
- Ability to work with clients on strategic business initiatives delivering IT value.
- Knowledge of managed security services and security consulting in Canada.
- Strong negotiating skills with excellent communications skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Ability to move sales process forward by navigating issues.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- CISSP certification
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.