At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBMs business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC:NS is one of IBMs highest performing delivery centres Globally for retention, client satisfaction and productivity. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow their career within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development, staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
About the Role
The HR Canada team has an immediate opening for an experienced Human Resources Partner to provide strategic HR support to the CIC Halifax Executive teams, up-line management
This role is responsible for working closely with up-line leaders and Executives at the CIC, to pro-actively address business priorities related to closing talent gaps, workforce optimization, complex employee relations and HR issues, engagement, leadership coaching and succession management, employee retention and development, productivity and organizational design and culture.
Responsibilities include providing advice and counsel on multiple initiatives (such as workforce optimization) and recommending solutions to complex employee relations and HR issues. Through partnering with other HR functions, they deploy and execute HR programs (such as compensation, benefits, workforce diversity) and strategy. Employees in this role may provide strategic and operational guidance and direction to others in this role and to functional areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Executive coaching and influencing to develop great leaders.
- Discovering root cause issues to organization performance and developing actions to address.
- Enabling Skills transformation and up-skilling of workforce
- Working closely with business to drive critical hiring, leadership bench and movement, productivity and performance management, employee engagement
- Analyzing and using HR data and metrics to derive insightful recommendations for managerial decision making
- Providing advice on HR Programs and other initiatives and recommending solutions to complex employee relations and HR issues.
- Working in collaboration with the broader Canada HR and global teams
- Engage with Executive Leaders and Upline Managers in the CIC:NS, and other GBS Sectors/Growth Platforms to build strong working relationships to support them in addressing people issues and providing sound practical HR advice and guidance across the full employee life cycle including career development, promotions, performance management, absences, and disciplinary issues (to name just a few examples),
- Provide a positive manager experience and have responsibility for successful case resolution
- Create, maintain and update CIC HR policies and processes as well as ensuring efficient, consistent and fair implementation of those policies and processes,
- Lead implementation and ongoing delivery of agreed projects and activities (e.g. compensation equal pay reviews, inclusion initiatives etc),
Candidate should have solid analytic and reporting skills, with demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
Office location Bedford Nova Scotia
If you are looking to develop your career in a friendly and upbeat working environment, adaptable and resilient to change then IBM Client Innovation Centre: Nova Scotia is an excellent place to take this step.
The following characteristics are important in our employees:
- Passion – to make a difference
- Collaboration – because we accomplish more when we work together
- Exploration – openness to explore new places, ideas, and technologies
- Insightfulness – it is important to understand things from different viewpoints
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous HR generalist experience ideally as an HR Business Partner
- Relationship management: strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to influence and interact well at all levels across the organization. Show a sense of urgency and also tenacity to be strong in challenging situations
- Business acumen: ability to understand and interpret HR policies and programs. Have an understanding of the business and key strategic priorities to ensure appropriate advice and counsel is provided. Broad and effective network across HR disciplines
- Strong organizational and planning skills: demonstrated flexibility in an agile environment, a pragmatic approach with a can-do attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
This is an ideal role for someone looking to develop their generalist HR Leadership skills and expertise as you will help provide comprehensive strategic HR support and advice across all aspects of the employee life cycle. The role will cover more than one centre location and skills capability so the ability to work across different skill areas and different geographical locations of the business will be to your advantage.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.