Location: Calgary or Vancouver
Division: IG Investment Solutions
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada’s leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy, we’re IG Wealth Management. For over 90 years of business we have grown to become one of the largest most respected companies in Canada. We are a leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. We are proud to be recognized among Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. in the national ranking for our focus on supporting employees with a number of initiatives that promote personal wellness with a focus on four key pillars including physical, mental, social and financial health. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
At IG Wealth Management, our vision is to inspire financial confidence.
You will join a team that that believes our success starts with the success of our clients, while working together as a team to realize our greatest potential. You will join a team that strives towards excellence while developing and sharing skills and knowledge. You can make a difference for our clients, the world around us and be part of a team that cares. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
IG Wealth Management is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively – this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
IG Wealth Management is currently accepting applications for the position of District Vice-President (Wholesaler) in Calgary or Vancouver, reporting to the VP, Head of National Sales.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conducting ongoing office sales calls to ensure continued support for IG Wealth Management products
- Identifying new business opportunities, establishing relationships accordingly and responding to the specific needs of new and existing accounts.
- Preparing and conducting sales and training presentations on subjects including new and existing IG Wealth Management products, market position, and economic and market outlook as it pertains to IG Wealth Management products and sub advisors.
- Providing feedback on the concerns and needs expressed by Advisors and sharing sales and product ideas with the sales team.
- Working with the Business Development Manager (Internal Wholesaler) to increase sales potential by delegating projects and coordinating workload with them.
- Handle territory expenses appropriately, to ensure the territory’s budget is on target. This includes co-op, travel, promotional items, and entertainment.
- Requires frequent travel.
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Dynamic and effective communicator (both written and verbal) with the ability to captivate small and large audiences.
- Outstanding ability to establish, build, and maintain positive relationships.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to exercise good judgment in responding to questions and making decisions.
- Excellent Teammate who works collaboratively with the Sales, Product and Marketing teams and other areas to meet our customers’ needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Industry products/services and our distribution channels.
- Detailed knowledge of the securities industry and the stock and bond markets.
- Post-secondary education (business and/or marketing preferred).
- Successful completion of IFIC and/or CSC.
- Enrolment or completion of financial industry related accreditation, such as CFA, CIM, CFP, would be considered an asset.
- Driven and high energy
- Solution oriented
- Coachable – Asks for feedback and acts on it
- Puts team first
- Curious and questions
- Adaptable to change
- Sets daring goals and targets
- Confident yet humble
- Shares ideas
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.ig.ca/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in IG Wealth Management; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
IG Wealth Management is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by March 23, 2023.