- Provides strategic leadership, direction and expertise in the development and execution of a comprehensive program to support Metrolinx’s interfaces with governments (federal, provincial, municipal)
- Ensures Metrolinx messaging is completely aligned with all levels of government and that there is a consistent tone of voice between Metrolinx and its government partners
- Monitors, identifies and analyzes public policy, regulatory and political developments, issues and trends, impacting Metrolinx
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and support on public policy throughout the organization to staff that interact with governments and government officials
- Identifies and shares insights into relevant policies and political developments to anticipate emerging opportunities or risks to Metrolinx
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the organization’s relationships with government officials, departments, ministries and agencies, federal, provincial, municipal
- Collaborates with senior management and regional colleagues to ensure alignment between Metrolinx and federal, provincial and municipal levels of government
- Delivers strategic advice, counsel, options and recommendations to manage issues impacting Metrolinx, using a government relations lens including strategy, analysis, and messaging, as well as identifying and mitigating risks and concerns that could negatively impact Metrolinx’ image, brand and reputation with government
- Recognizes the importance of their local community to elected officials and their staff and reflects an understanding of this local lens in strategic relationship building
- Actively manages relationships with key government officials, departments, ministries and agencies, federal, provincial
Location: 97 Front Street, Toronto
- Completion of a university degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Law etc, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Extensive experience working in or with governments and related communications experience with a minimum of ten years’ in a strategic leadership /management role
- Strong understanding of the public policy process with direct knowledge of how decisions are made and priorities are established at all three levels of government.
- Strategic planning and project execution to manage multiple and changing priorities with competing deadlines
- Strong innovative thinking, creative problem solving and effective organizational skills to establish effective networks and creative approaches to planning that result in increased awareness and support of Metrolinx’ programs and services across federal, provincial and municipal levels of government
- Aptitude to work closely with the Senior Management Team and leaders across Metrolinx
- Relationship management skills to engage, cultivate, and manage relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to meet or exceed internal needs
- Problem-solving skills to maintain a clear focus on the company’s needs in an environment of multiple stakeholders and often conflicting interests
- Oral/written/presentation communication skills to write speeches and briefs at the executive level and manage delivery of enterprise-wide communications services and products; to consult, influence and collaborate with colleagues across levels and business groups
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online via (http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/careers.aspx), no later than April 18, 2019.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. A Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER