Director Consulting Services – Quality Engineering (QE)
CGI is Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere. CGI offers more than a job. CGI’s continuous growth is also a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
We are currently seeking an experienced DCS Leader, Director for Testing.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Director Consulting Services, DCS – Testing Services contributes to the development and delivery of testing solutions. The Director will staff, train, and provide technical guidance to test automation developers embedded in scrum teams aligned to Business Units. The Director will also be responsible for introducing new solutions/tools to the client.
Team and Member Management
o Lead an organization of managers and test engineers providing software test automation and quality assurance
o Staff agile teams with test automation developers and QE who will be developing tests at the same time as software features are being developed
o Foster the development of the team’s capabilities and expertise in line with client needs/market evolution
o Proactively manage member assignments on delivery engagements and for new opportunities
o Plan resource requirements and recruitment needs and take responsibility to on board CGI new members
o Attract and retain internal talent pool by supporting the career development of team members
o Ensure continuous and effective management of performance through ongoing dialogue, follow up and timely completion of member performance evaluations
Client Relationship & Business Development
• Act as CGI lead, trusted advisor and business partner in identifying client needs and developing business process and technology solutions that solve critical issues and support organizational priorities
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned clients, based on collaboration, trust and partnership in order to better understand and proactively respond to their needs, promote CGI full services offerings and help clients meet their strategic and tactical goals
• Grow the sales funnel by proactively identifying and developing opportunities and new business addressing client needs based on our expertise and knowledge of market trends
• Create and maintain client account strategies and plans
• Manage the development of winning proposals and presentations to create business solutions based on client business requirements
• Measure and manage client satisfaction
• Protect CGI’s reputation by keeping information confidential
• Foster innovation and shape, develop and/or improve CGI solutions
• Proactively manage delivery and financial risk in a portfolio of projects and new opportunities
• Take accountability for the successful delivery of contract engagements coordinating with CGI global delivery centers
• Oversee delivery activities to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and on-budget as well as deliver business value
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• PASSIONATE ABOUT TESTING;
o Relevant experience of 10-15 years in the QE/Testing
o Should have experience in QA to QE transformation/journey
o Deep understanding of Test automation strategies/solutions
o Must have both sales experience and significant delivery experience;
o Ability to lead and participate in executive level business and technology discussions – VP/ AVPs/Sr. Managers
o Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, geared to communications with C-level executives
o Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s and complex pricing models
Cross Industry knowledge including Banking
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.