We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for Azure Data Engineers with Databricks to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will use your leadership skills and knowledge of Data Engineering to design and create data solutions for a financial services customer.
• Work with team members to deliver products to market in an efficient manner.
• Thought leadership in public and private cloud architecture and how to deliver it at scale in a large enterprise.
• Assist to evolve the Enterprise Architecture for the Cloud program.
• Support development programs to build cloud native applications.
• Be able to mentor and coach others in cloud and cloud native space.
• Help to build cloud strategies and target reference architectures.
• Assist in the delivery of cloud applications with a focus on cloud security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated experience designing, delivering and supporting cloud-based systems in the Microsoft Azure environment.
• Demonstrated experience in a data engineering or data centric technology role
• Strong experience in Azure, ADF, Databricks, SQL, Pyspark.
• Experience in implementing data management/data catalog, DQ tools, REST APIs is a plus
• Working experience with microservice architectures.
• Strong understanding of enterprise application development and delivery is an asset.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Azure Data Factory
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.