An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique program of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing and managing wildfire on the landscape. With a workforce of approximately 1600 the program’s staff are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect values, while encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
This position is responsible for processing corporate wildfire services transactions in a dynamic environment.
Prince George is the largest city in Northern British Columbia, and boasts a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment, including the Prince George Symphony Orchestra. Prince George is also located next to several provincial parks, which provide camping and boating amenities.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nicole.Linnell@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree or higher in business administration, public administration, accounting, or another related discipline and one (1) year experience working in an office setting with computerized systems; OR,
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, accounting, or another related discipline and two (2) years experience working in an office setting with computerized systems; OR,
- Grade 12 or equivalent and three (3) years experience working in an office setting with computerized systems; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Financial administration experience.
- Experience in contract administration and/or procurement.
- Experience in accounts payable and receivable.
- Experience with electronic accounting systems.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid Class 5 driver licence.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.