Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to customers.
• Document and promote complete solutions via Demo creation, Videos, Proof of technologies, and presentations
• Contribute to virtual technical teams building solutions to specific customers opportunities
• Relate the technical needs of the customer back to the business facilitating understanding of the value of the solution back to the customers business (ROI)
Why join us?
IBM has the largest trove of software, services, cloud, and Xaas in the world. Combined with the vast relationships with companies both large and small makes this position highly visible in the market as well at the cloud industry.
This will be an opportunity to work with: Sales, Tech Sales, Offering Management, Development, Services of all kinds including channel, AND CUSTOMERS
Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ Years of industry experience working in, selling to, or supporting 1 or more industries within the sector
- Technical skills in Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure setup with IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) and/or AWS , Azure, VMWare and Inter-Networking,
- familiar with Cloud Object Storage and Kubernetes/Container solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years integrating solutions comprised of XaaS, software, and services
- Competitor experience directly or indirectly from a customer perspective
- 3+ Years direct, face to face customer selling experience.
- Ability to write code in at least 3 languages
- Understanding of development methodologies i.e. Waterfall, DevOps toolchain, CI/CD
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.