At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The CIC Center Manager position is a high growth and transformational role. The initial responsibilities will be to project manage the “life-and-shift” of critical roles from other areas of the country into the low cost Quebec CIC. This includes but not limited to management hybrid cloud delivery services and a variety of managed services across all areas of mainframe, distributed and downstream support operations.
The motivation that underpins this strategic move will drive both an overall cost savings as well as position the company to grow to 500+ and be a global exporter of skill, innovation and expertise.
- Manage a portfolio of complex lift-and-shift transformation initiatives that span multiple lines of business (hybrid cloud, distributed, mainframe, etc).
- Provide leadership by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation, deployment and benefits realization.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings.
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team.
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging. technologies, methods and best practices.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be bilingual in English and French.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- Proven experience – SDLC/Waterfall methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, program and program management.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving .environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance Level 2 – Secret.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Certifications including PMP, Agile/Scrum although recommended are not required.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.