As a Business Development Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Sector Partner, the Business Development Executive (a sales role) maintains effective business relationships with customer management and contributes to the overall success of Global Business Services offerings (GBS). They work with the GBS and Sales and Distribution account teams to determine customer needs and translate them into opportunities for IBM. As IBM offers integrated solutions, it must interface with internal peers and collaborate with them in many negotiations with the customer. Within IBM, they mainly have relationships with the GBS team (business unit manager, sector experts, consulting group leaders or specialists), sales teams (who have overall responsibility for an IBM account) and the Software group.
The incumbent is responsible for identifying opportunities and positioning solutions through effective distribution channels. Within an existing account, they must find business opportunities in new or emerging niches, including those that are complex in nature. They use skills, experience and intellectual capital to define appropriate solutions in order to identify, evaluate and select the specialized solutions and offers that best meet the client’s needs.
The Business Development Executive’s duties:
• Assist the GBS sector partner or deputy sector partner in the development of short and long-term strategies for the account(s) assigned to them.
• Support and manage the execution of the overall strategy for an account or territory and related results by working with GBS partners and assistant partners.
• Identify, validate and generate new opportunities for GBS in accordance with the global strategy for an account or territory.
• Set ambitious annual revenue and contract signing targets while making accurate revenue forecasts and effectively managing exploration activities.
• Do a lot of prospecting with the assigned account(s) or in their territory in accordance with the related overall strategy.
• Work with partners and assistant partners to develop solutions or service sales transactions for the client(s).
• Support or stimulate service sales transactions throughout the sales cycle for specific opportunities.
• Deal with clients in person.
• If necessary, transfer a validated opportunity to the relevant partner or deputy partner who can make proposals and make it happen.
• Ensure total client satisfaction, market share, profits and revenues that the GBS team derives from its clients, and act as GBS’s liaison with key clients.
• Ensure that GBS mandates involving multi-functional teams are well sold by managing or collaborating on multiple opportunities at the same time.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Over 7 years of successful experience in strategic business and IT consulting services
- Over 10 years of experience, a progressive experience of at least ten years after graduation
- Over 7 years of experience in establishing and maintaining long-term customer and working relationships between different business units
- English: Fluent
- French: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-on knowledge of GBS offerings combined with the ability to effectively discuss these services and solutions with clients. • Ideally, experience in GBS service offerings – including application management, enterprise resource planning, business intelligence, analytics, strategy and transformation – in project delivery and implementation
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.