Management Band 4
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role.
Serving the Ministries of Attorney General (AG) and Public Safety and Solicitor General (PSSG), the Corporate Management Services Branch (CMSB) strives to provide excellence in corporate services and partner in the outcomes of both Ministries. CMSB provides central corporate services to all staff and branches/programs in these two ministries.
The Director, Facilities Services, provides strategic leadership in the development, implementation and arbitration of accommodation strategies, policy, procedures and standards for the Ministries of Attorney General and/or Public Safety and Solicitor General and ensures that the appropriate level of facility services are provided to facilitate their success in delivering their respective programs. The Director, Facilities Services, also leads a team of senior professionals with specific technical program knowledge and with responsibility for their own portfolios.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lorna.McNally@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Diploma or higher. Preference may be given to applicants with education in facilities management, space planning, architecture, design, construction, and/or project management. (An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Minimum five years’ experience in facilities program management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in budget management.
- Experience managing complex facilities and project budgets.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading teams.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- 5 years or more of experience in project management
- 5 years or more of experience in budget management
- Experience providing strategic leadership to a team of skilled staff and professionals
- Experience leading the implementation of multi-program, complex facilities projects in partnership with a team of public and private sector professionals.
- Experience developing management techniques to establish and maintain strong partnerships with user Branches and with CITZ
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.