Temporary 12 months with the possibility of extension
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital is responsible for leading the customer loyalty and marketing programs for BC Liquor Stores using BC LDB’s customer loyalty and Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technology platform to drive repeat and cross-selling behavior while collaborating on the design and execution of new technologies, strategies and campaigns. The Senior Manager will also work directly with the Director Marketing to collaborate on defining and implementing the overall marketing plan. The Senior Manager along with the Director Marketing forms the department’s senior leadership team.
This role is also responsible for innovation and opportunities regarding both in-store and digital marketing to build competitive advantage for BC Liquor Stores.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
A criminal record check is required. A valid BC Drivers License is required. An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Connie Hui, A/Director, Marketing by phone at 604 252-8721. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field combined with recent significant progressive (at least 5 years) Marketing experience.
*Marketing experience must include:
- Extensive experience in both traditional, digital marketing and advertising for large organization(s).
- Experience with marketing analysis.
- Experience in both strategic and hands-on/execution marketing capacities.
- Experience leading team(s) of direct reports.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Working in related environments such as retail or consumer packaged goods or advertising agency.
- Experience working with web vendors on website design and development
- Experience working with an ecommerce website
- Experience leading CRM/loyalty programs.
- Content marketing theory and application.
- Extensive knowledge in traditional and digital marketing.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, trends and measurement approaches.
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, tactics and best practices.
- Exceptional understanding of CRM, acquisition strategies and tactics.
- Working understanding of related digital disciplines such as User Experience, Content Strategy & Creation, Production, etc.
- Working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to build understanding and consensus of goals and measures in a manner that can be understood by the audience.
- Ability to define opportunities and problems, collecting and analyzing data, establishing facts and making valid conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive measurable results.
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- Ability to measure, analyze and draw insights to KPIs/metrics/ROI.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep high level of focus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Very strong customer service orientation.