Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Do you want to be the corporate-service lead for a small, award-winning office?
The office of the Auditor General for Local Government (AGLG) is responsible for reviewing the operations of local governments to assist them in their accountability to taxpayers and to evaluate the extent to which operations are undertaken economically, efficiently and effectively. The AGLG offers a challenging, rewarding and collegial work environment. Our office consists of a team of highly skilled professionals and provides an exciting, flexible and varied work environment, and a commitment to professional learning and growth.
Reporting to the Auditor General, the Director, Corporate Services is responsible for the delivery of effective leadership, advice and support for all facets of administrative operations in the AGLG, with specific accountabilities for administrative decisions involving finance, human resources, information management/ information technology, internal and external communications, media and stakeholder engagement, internal policy development, privacy, and facilities.
Check out our AGLG website. You can learn more about the office, our team and the type of work we do. The AGLG was recognized with Top Work Unit Awards in 2017 and 2018.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Terri.VanSleuwen@aglg.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance, or other related discipline and related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and/ or training may be considered.
- Experience in corporate services (such as finance, human resources, information management/ information technology, internal and external communications, media and stakeholder engagement, internal policy development, privacy, and facilities).
- Experience with financial planning, forecast and budget management processes and techniques
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading and managing multiple projects concurrently OR 1 year of experience leading and managing multiple projects concurrently and a Project Management Professional certification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management or a supervisory capacity (such as: managing resources, developing training and development plans, managing performance and holding people accountable, mentoring and coaching)
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- A professional financial, human resources or other certification/ designation relevant to the position.
- Procurement experience including – planning, solicitation, and administration.
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive working relationships with internal and external parties at a senior level, including managing external and contracted resources to achieve quality and cost competitive results.
- Experience leading strategic planning, business and operational planning, managing outputs and outcomes against performance measures.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.