Management Band 2
This is a temporary opportunity until March 31st 2020.
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
The Strategic Policy Branch, a part of the Research, Innovation and Policy Division, leads the development, implementation and evaluation of the ministry’s strategic policy agenda and the development of B.C.’s first poverty reduction strategy.
This position will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of major projects, or business components of large multi-faceted projects with multiple key deliverables. Projects are taken from original concept through to final completion.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Andrea.L.Gillis@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time , and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, social sciences or related discipline and a minimum 1 year related experience; OR a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience and expertise related to reducing poverty and or improving the social inclusion of vulnerable populations more likely to live in poverty (e.g. single parents, persons with disabilities, immigrants and refugees, individuals who are homeless, youth in care etc.)
Related experience must include:
- Experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Experience building and managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants.
- Experience developing briefing materials in a range of formats (oral, written, visual) and providing strategic advice to senior government officials, or equivalent in the non-profit or business sector.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.