As a Associate Partner, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Partner for our Quality and Testing Services Practice. We wish to add senior talent to help drive our market growth and shape new solutions which deliver end-to-end transformation for our clients. We advise clients on strategy and implementation of innovative and complex transformational solutions that enable our clients to become efficient and able to provide value added partnering support to their businesses. The core of this role is growing our business through building client relationships, creating new business opportunities and delivering successful programs for our clients.
IBM Quality and Testing Services offer a comprehensive set of testing services with advanced capability in Managed Testing, Continuous Testing, Cloud Testing, Combinatorial Test Design, Agile, and Mobile Testing. The benefits achieved through these services are significant, resulting in reduced effort, faster time to market, and improved quality. With IBM Continuous Testing, test organizations are able to transform by connecting automated and manual processes across the lifecycle, utilizing highly automated workflows and cloud infrastructure to support large-scale, “hands-free” enterprise testing.
The Associate Partner, Testing Services contributes to the development and delivery of solutions to the Communications, Industrial and Distribution industries, based on first-hand experience. They understand the challenges faced by the industry today and are inspired by the opportunity to work in a team to develop new processes and technologies to overcome these challenges, including solutions for SAP Testing.
As an IBM Associate Partner , you will maintain an effective business relationship with the client’s management team and influences the overall success of GBS testing offerings within the market. Your primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners, GBS peers) and the client team (which has overall IBM account responsibility). You must maintain a perfect balance between cost & price, supply & demand, utilization & growth and domestic & global resource models.Core Responsibilities:
- P erform activities that create new business opportunities with accountability for success through to the end of engagements (fr om sales through solution design to delivery);
- Lead, perform and mentor on consulting engagement pursuits. This includes participating in client opportunity identification and qualification calls, understanding client needs and objectives, articulating and formulating solutions design for proposals and statements of work that align to the client needs while managing delivery risk and working with the sales team through deal progression and signing;
- Engagement oversight. This includes following the Delivery Roadmap to successful project execution. This includes staffing consulting project teams, assisting project leadership (i.e., project manager or engagement leader) in defining or modifying project approach and structure as necessary, deliverables review and participation in key project events as appropriate to help ensure Delivery Excellence;
- Support practice leadership and capability growth, and administrative and operational required activities.
- Own business partner relationships that support our testing business, in particular, SAP Testing clients
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify, validate and drive new Test opportunities in your industry sector;
- Leverage your industry knowledge & experience to design Test solutions which best meet the client’s business needs;
- Overlook delivery of projects within the practice to ensure smooth delivery that meets client and IBM objectives;
- Support the delivery of Test projects as the Lead Consultant or Delivery Manager;
- Maintain an effective business relationship with the client’s management team;
- Define, Plan & Execute capacity/recruitment and capability building programs within the practice.
- Direct the development of new solution offerings or methods to support the penetration of new markets;
- Expected to generate new sales typically in the range of $5M to 10M US annually.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PASSIONATE ABOUT TESTING;
- Must be recognized as an expert in the marketplace with specific solution and industry knowledge;
- Relevant experience of 8-10 years in the IT testing environment
- Experience with Test Planning & Test Execution;
- Experience in large program Testing work;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and signoff of the Test Strategy for the solution;
- Must have extensive sales experience and must have significant delivery experience;
- 8-10 years of Testing consulting experience in Canada and/or globally with working knowledge of key operations and/or systems;
- Proven experience and knowledge needed to lead in the creation and closure of new business opportunities, accountable for managing the financial success of that business. They must have demonstrated strong teaming and conflict management skills at the highest levels working across lines of business and in client situations;
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.