As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Oracle/PeopleSoft HCM Application Architect is a forward thinker who will bring innovative approaches and practical solutions to the client as well as demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills. They are responsible for analyzing functional requirements and creating functional and technical design by leveraging in-depth application knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft Applications. This specialization will develop and communicate the detailed application architecture and implementation strategy for a solution to the client and project team. This specialization designs applications which may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages. This specialization is typically client focused and can handle complex consulting and Implementation engagements independently. This specialization is responsible for reviewing of functional and technical work products and ensuring adherence to quality standards. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Having responsibility for overall application or solution architecture and managing all project architects;
* Ensuring overall application architecture aligns with the enterprise architecture (EA);
* Being accountable for maintaining all functional and/or technical documentation for initiatives, from design to deployment, including all intermediary changes, allowing stakeholders to understand and have a clear audit trail;
* Assisting in system evaluations and assessments in order to critique system designs;
* Conveying all application aspects of the initiative to project stakeholders and work towards gaining the necessary consensus for proposed architectural decisions among those potentially impacted; and
* Contributing to all other aspects of delivering these initiatives, including but not limited to business requirements gathering and analysis, solution development, testing and deployment;
* Developing and overseeing Integration governance structure via the setup of an integration competency team;
* Developing enterprise wide standard event format for business and IT activity and event monitoring;
* Managing and overseeing the entire integration architecture process where the work related to the implementation of the proposed COTS Software;
* Working effectively as a team;
* Participating in Client Facing activities as needed;
* Communicate with client executive levels on application specific topics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience of which 5 years of experience in implementing Oracle PeopleSoft HCM Applications;
Must have good communication skills, proven leadership experience and experienced in working with multicultural and multinational teams;
Experience working in the cross function between functional and technical teams.
*Must have Government Security Clearance or eligible to obtain Government Security Clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with large scale Canadian payroll implementations;
Proven experience in several completed software development life cycles and adopting agile software development methodologies such as SCRUM;
Must be able to work effectively as a team.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.