In accordance with the AIMCo Act, the Board is responsible for overseeing the management of the business and affairs of AIMCo. Oversight accountability rests in a number of areas, some of which include:
• Investment Strategy;
• Risk Management;
• Strategy and Planning;
• Policy and Governance;
• Client and Stakeholder Relations; and,
• Organizational Performance and Accountability.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Highly sophisticated risk management and related decision making;
• Extensive global business/commercial development;
• Highly sophisticated investment decision making;
• Direct investment or operating experience in large, capital-intensive infrastructure, real estate or private equity investments or assets;
• Significant C-Suite executive leadership, including proven experience developing vision and strategy, achieving operational effectiveness, and fostering an ethical and performance based culture;
• Extensive pension plan financial management;
• Deep financial experience, ideally including deal structuring, investing, and sufficiently strong asset management knowledge to be able to engage with AIMCo’s clients;
• Strong understanding of financial markets (public and private), defined benefit pension arrangements and ideally sovereign/endowment structures;
• Clearly demonstrates personal qualities of integrity, credibility and passion for exceeding the expectations of AIMCo’s stakeholders and ultimate beneficiaries; and,
• Advanced experience in asset liability management and its impact to investment strategies, programs and services is considered an asset.
AIMCo and its Board recognize and fully support the principles of diversity and inclusion.
Opportunity ID#: PAS#717 – https://www.alberta.ca/public-agency-opportunity.cfm?appt=717