Administrative Officer 21
There is currently a temporary opportunity available until 02/26/2021, this temporary opportunity may become permanent or be extended.
An eligibility list may be established.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Provides leadership to enhance digital service delivery through creation, delivery and governance of engaging content. This position creates innovative content solutions that impact users, translating business needs into a user-focused solution through workflows, user interface design, interaction models and prototypes.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Laura.Hutchinson@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree or diploma in User Experience Design, English, Communications, Library Science, Computer Science, or equivalent, and a minimum 1 year of related experience OR
- Some post-secondary education or training in the area of User Experience Design, English, Communications, Library Science, Computer Science, or equivalent, and a minimum 2 years of related experience.
Related experience must include:
- Experience practicing user experience design, planning and managing digital properties including experience in information architecture, content development and interaction design.
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with stakeholders in an effort to achieve specific objectives.
Preference may be given to applicants with any or all of the following:
- Experience in Public Relations.
- Experience in developing government communications.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (BASIC): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.