Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Our Rail Operations Office is seeking a Supervisors, Train Operation to ensure the Train Operations Service contractor delivers high quality service that meets the requirements of GO Transit/ UP Express, customers, railways, and regulators.
- Ensuring the Train Operation Services contractor delivers service and complies with regulations, and host railway requirements.
- Investigating accidents, incidents, complaints, all regulatory issues and claims, involving GO/ UP Express Trains.
- Expediting the recovery of GO/UP Express service in service disruption situations.
- Maintaining quality control and engaging in the continuous improvement of service quality and standard operating procedures.
These positions involve working various shifts and/or off days and include an on-call rotation.
Location: 91 Judson Street, Etobicoke, ON
File Number: TRA001V
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma program in one of management and transportation, rail operations, logistical planning, project management, or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) years progressively responsible related experience in heavy rail commuter operations with direct involvement in customer service.
- Possession of CROR rules qualification and a Locomotive Engineer qualification certificated would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of all applicable Safety Management, front-line transit operations, safety programs, transportation planning, and policy development would also be beneficial.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with outside contractors/rail service providers/host railroads, in coupled with consensus building experience and the ability to promote teamwork.
- Ability to respond effectively to emergency situations, incidents, accidents and assume the role of Incident Commander.
- Must possess a practical understanding of the budget process.
- Must be comfortable working in a computerized environment including PC and transportation related mainframe applications.
- Train Crew Scheduling.
- Procedural development skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, through the Current Opportunities page on our website, no later than January 16, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER