- Develops project delivery strategies while providing overall administrative and technical leadership and oversight to a capital program consisting of multiple railway corridor projects to ensure consistency and coordination of efforts and successful completion of the program..
- Plans, sets objectives and controls activities during all phases of the program, overseeing and working closely with assigned project team members in a matrix environment.
- Manages and contributes to tendering and pre-construction process by reviewing and approving all plans, schedules and tendering documents to ensure optimal coordination of projects within the program; reviews consultant proposals and contractor submittals, and develops recommendations for proposed project solutions consistent with strategic plan and business objectives.
- Implements standards and manages critical paths/milestones, by monitoring mechanisms for projects (e.g. budget, schedule, scope, quality); regularly reports to Director on project status.
- Oversees project activities to identify any areas of potential exposure or non-compliance; recommends appropriate actions to mitigate risk.
- Oversees and monitors progress of capital projects to ensure that planning objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and that anticipated business results are achieved; able to explain off-plan overages and exceptions
- Provides strategic leadership and directly manages professional staff and project team members.
File Number: RER001H
- Completion of a degree in Applied Science, Engineering, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Valid Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license recognized by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) is an asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in engineering and project management services associated with the planning, design, and construction of transit or railway corridor infrastructure including structures, bridges, tunnels, and earthworks and drainage.
- Previous experience should include leading a team of technical professionals.
- Knowledge of Contract Law, Construction Liens Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Environmental Assessment Act, and the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the theories, principles and practices of civil design and construction; skill and proficiency in broad phases of engineering application.
- Proven record of experience managing high-value, complex corridor infrastructure projects involving and operating environment.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including budget and schedule controls, leading cross-functional teams and consultants engaged in simultaneous projects and monitoring project activities for adherence to schedule, budget, and scope.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing the competing objectives of a large number of external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and application of supervisory principles and effective practices to supervise staff.
- First-hand knowledge of P3/AFP contracts, typical consulting/advisory contracts, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and transit/Railway construction standards and procedures.
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills to establish effective working relationships, negotiate, and deal with a variety of contacts, both internal and external to the organization; along with the ability to gain cooperation from individuals not under direct authority.
- Excellent oral, written/presentation, and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively in a large, integrated, matrix team environment at all levels of an organization.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsbility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER