At IBM, our Project Manager excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager, Application Maintenance & Support is responsible for leading a project team in the Maintenance and Support of an application or set of applications using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project per the project charter, project agreement or contract. This includes the Application Services aspects of Service Delivery/Service Management. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
The Project Manager, Application Maintenance & Support will provide technical direction and control of IBM Support Personnel as well as provide a framework for project planning, communications, reporting, procedural and contractual activity.
* Review the SOW and the contractual responsibilities of IBM and the Client;
* Serve as the point of contact to during the execution of the SOW;
* Coordinate the establishment of the project management environment, including reporting tools, monthly reports and governance/ communication protocols;
* Review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate;
* Measure and evaluate progress against IBM project plans, if applicable, with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
* Monitor and manage all SLAs so no penalties are incurred;
* Establish documentation and procedural standards for deliverable Materials;
* Administer the Project Change Control Procedure in conjunction with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
* Monitor resolution of Service Incidents; Be available 7×24 to be involved with outages to manage communications and escalation with vendors. Outages can be full (resolution 4 hours) or partial (resolution 16 hours)
* Perform problem management, and maintain and communicate escalation procedures;
* Track Service Incidents and Service Requests for analysis and reporting;
* Maintain project communications through the Client Service Delivery Manager;
* Conduct regular monthly status meetings with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
* Create and deliver monthly status reports;
* Resolve deviations in the SOW in conjunction with Client Service Delivery Manager;
* Coordinate and manage the in-scope activities of IBM Support Personnel;
* Meet Client Service Management requirements such as production change management, release management, and outage management;
* Monitor Pay Per Use licensing and report to vendor overages and invoice client for overages;
* Manage DS&P activities, site inspections, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with operational services delivery for a support environment;
* Mandatory Project Manager experience of at least 5 years, which would include:
* managing resources, scope, prioritization, and work plan
* managing project risks and issues
* Strong client relationship management;
* Strong project management;
* Strong skills in oral and written communication and ability to work independently and within teams;
* Experience managing remote/offshore teams;
* Proven ability to manage customers and relationships;
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills working with project teams and clients;
* Ability to work closely with process owners and other key stakeholders to communicate the progress of projects;
* Large team management experience;
* Effective time manager.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* PMP Certification
* MS project
* MS Office
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.