- Monitors office schedules for the internal distribution of documents and arranges for printing
- dministers document management system (e.g. sets up users, establishes security rights, and maintains security of documents according to established security policies and procedures).
- Reviews documents and confirms approvals for official documents prior to finalizing printing and mass distribution arrangements
- Performs routine data quality controls, and catalogues and indexes information for easy retrieval
- Extracts relevant information from technical documents, including drawings (e.g. drawing number, version number, status, document type, version, and changes since previous sub)
- Collaborates with management and project teams to review and improve the Document Control system, and recommends process improvements to meet client requirements
- Tracks and monitors day-to-day document control activities to organize and align information with established policies, procedures, and project requirements, and to ensure that project information is accurate, controlled, transmitted, and archived for optimal tracking and retrieval.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new and revised document control processes, policies, and procedures
- Assists end users with document search requests
- Reviews documents for compliance with established policies and procedures, and reports feedback to management.
- Completion of a diploma in a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with document management and control with strong knowledge and experience using an Electronic Document Management System.
- Organizational and coordination skills to establish and monitor compliance with document management and control policies and processes
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat Professional and database administration experience to review and manage document control processes
- Interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills to review and edit documents for compliance with document control policies and processes, act as a point of contact between the department and internal stakeholders, and develop and deliver training
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised, Metrolinx uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Search may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER