Swiss Chalet is looking for Delivery Supervisors for our 18187 Yonge Street location!
At Swiss Chalet we deliver delicious “home-made” food, made fresh, in-house just for you. Our atmosphere is warm, welcoming and feels like home.
At Swiss Chalet, we work as a team and help each other succeed. Our Managers are hands-on and our team works together to deliver the Perfect Guest Experience to our guests each and every time. We genuinely care about each Guest and every Associate.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about Food, Hospitality, and are Guest focused as well as being a strong and motivating team player.
We are actively searching for Delivery Supervisors to join our team at our 18187 Yonge Street location. In this role you will assist in creating the impression our Guests have of our Brand based on their delivery experience. You impact our profitability by managing the dispatching of our delivery orders to maximize driver efficiency. You help ensure we deliver our food fresh, hot, fast and within our guarantee standards to meet the unique needs of our Delivery Guests and support the Perfect Guest Experience.
As the ideal candidate your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring of contract Delivery Drivers that are able to provide the Perfect Guest Experience to our Delivery Guests.
- Maintain driver information and contracts ensuring they have the credentials, driving record and insurance in adherence with the Swiss Chalet standard. Ensure that contracts are current and signed each year.
- Schedule the Delivery Drivers ensuring we are able to maximize driver efficiency and deliver fresh, hot food to our guests within the guaranteed time
- Maintain a clean and functional delivery area, ensuring that all delivery supplies and materials are well stocked prior to, and at the end of, every shift.
- Ensure contract Driver Standards are adhered to. Follow-up on any performance issues and/or termination of contract as needed.
- Perform all administrative functions including but not limited to: dispatching, tracking of delivery orders, tracking of drivers hours and payouts, e-Order functions, driver cash-outs, discounts, frees, Guest complaints, etc
- Assist in the Off-premise area where required.
- May be required to perform driver duties from time to team as needed.
Supporting the Perfect Guest Experience
- Ensure all delivery orders leave the restaurant in a timely manner, allowing for delivery to our Guests within 50 minutes.
- Ensure that the minimum delivery standards are adhered to, ensuring that food is delivered efficiently (no more than 3 orders per driver at a time)
- Monitor drivers to ensure adherence to the Swiss Chalet Driver Dress and Hygiene policy
- Monitor all orders to ensure packaging standards have been followed.
- Review all delivery orders to ensure all items ordered are included in order
- Maintain the cleanliness and stock of our insulated delivery bags.
- Ensure all Drivers follow standards for Guest payment collection.
- Follow up on all delivery Guest complaints.
Supporting a Safe Working Environment
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food contamination and the methods of prevention and follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Keep floor areas clean, dry and free of obstruction; use wet floor signs when necessary.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by MSDS information.
- Help keep the Delivery Area a safe working environment for everyone on your team. Always perform your tasks safely and to standards, and work with your team to recognize and correct unsafe practices.
- Complete opening and closing duties efficiently and safely, using the correct procedures.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly side work as assigned.
- Be a team player; support other Associates when you see that they need help.
- Have lots of fun with your team and be sure to ask for help when you need it.
PERKS! Why should you work for us?
- 20′ employee discount dining card valid at all RECIPE brands
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that has more than 1400 restaurants across Canada
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply online today
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with us. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted – no phone calls please
At this time, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies. Any candidates submitted via staffing and employment agencies will not be considered.[see description]