An eligibility list may be established to fill permanent and/or temporary vacancies
Provide leadership, supervision and training in a dynamic and changing environment
The day-to-day practice, human resource and operational management of the division’s thirteen Service Delivery Areas are the responsibility of the Executive Directors of Service (EDS), supported by Directors of Operations (DOO) who manage Local Service Areas (LSAs), and Team Leaders who provide direct supervision of frontline staff. Professional frontline and support staff work directly with children, youth and families throughout the Province. Using a client-centered approach that emphasizes respectful, compassionate, strengths-based and culturally appropriate services. Staff in the SDAs support the potential of children, youth and families to achieve meaningful outcomes
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations or Team Leader, this position is responsible for developing, organizing, and supervising all financial and administrative functions required in support of the office in accordance with operating policies and procedures and within the various Acts and related legislation.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Amanda.Brown@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of three (3) years recent administrative/clerical experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months supervisory experience within the last three years.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Applications – Experience/training in keyboarding/word processing, spreadsheet and other standard computer applications. (i.e. MS Office – Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Minimum 40 wpm typing speed.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following experience:
- A completed Certificate of training/course in Office Administration or another closely related field.
- Five (5) years’ or more of recent administrative clerical experience.
- One (1) year or more of experience leading others, scheduling staff, allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training, and direction within the last three (3) years.
- Experience working in a government human/social services setting.
- Experience with the CARIS (Community and Residential Information System), Management Information System (MIS) and/or Integrated Case Management system (ICM).
- Experience with a Records Management Systems (i.e. CRMS – Corporate Records Management System).
- Experience with TALM (Time and Leave Management).
- Experience with Security Access/MAC (Move, Add, Change) Requests.
- Experience with the CAS (Corporate Accounting System) Oracle System.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check
Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.