At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills.
Role & Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager identifies and qualifies opportunities while working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. The requirements of the role are to develop and execute sales strategies to meet assigned sales objectives, support customer satisfaction, secure business and increase market share for all IBM SAP offerings. The BDM is also responsible for developing strong, long lasting client relationships. These sales efforts and accomplishments will address the most strategic requirements of the customer/prospect and promise both short and long-term revenue for IBM, and will grow GBS and IBM revenue and market share, and will be in pursuit of profitable signings.
The incumbent will be responsible for identifying opportunities and positioning solutions through effective distribution channels. Within an existing account, they must find business opportunities in new or emerging SAP technologies, including those that are complex in nature. The BDM will use skills, experience and intellectual capital to define appropriate solutions in order to identify, evaluate and select the specialized solutions and offers that best meet the client’s needs.
The Business Development Manager’s duties:
* Identify, validate and drive new GBS opportunities in support of what the Partner, Associate Partners are developing and drive new SAP GBS opportunities independently.
* Drive and support $15M Canadian bi-annual signings target while accurately forecasting revenue & effectively managing a sales funnel and overall results
* Perform extensive prospecting within a set transactional accounts within the territory
* Lead/own the service sales deals for all SAP opportunities in the respective territory, through full lifecycle
* Develop deep relationships with SAP Account Executives within the respective territory to position IBM SAP Offerings
* Provide client coverage & coordinate face-to-face & program coverage
* Work with Partners & Associate Partners to develop solutions for qualified clients
* Manage the overall territory strategy, growing SAP Service Line presence in key geographic markets.
* When appropriate, transition qualified opportunities to the correct Associate Partner or Partner to propose, solution & deliver the opportunity
* Be accountable for total customer satisfaction, market share and revenue within the client base, and act as the GBS interface with focus accounts
* Be accountable for the success of selling GBS engagements involving multi-functional teams, leading and/or participating in several opportunities at the same time
* Maintain a positive, keen attitude & a strong competitive drive
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Demonstrated sales, proposal development and market development skills which achieving high client satisfaction and profitable engagements.
* Has consistently demonstrated an ability to create & win competitive proposal situations
* Business Operations Excellence (Selling 101, Atlas, Sales Cycle Process, GPE, GSSM,
* Mentoring and coaching skills
* Industry Expertise & Solutions and has an expert understanding of the marketplace in which he is targeting their sales efforts
* Experience with “C” level executives
* Experience in Financial value proposition, business case and financial modeling skills
* Excellent teaming skills while developing and maintaining excellent relationships with others
* Fluent in French
* Location is Montreal
* SAP Solutioning skills in at least 1 functional area
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of 10 years’ previous experience
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.