Management Band 5
Regular Full-Time – Vancouver
AMENDMENT – This posting is now scheduled to close on Dec. 16, 2018 at 11:00 pm PST. Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.***
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments. The LDB is also responsible for distribution of non-medical cannabis including wholesale, e-commerce and brick and mortar stores.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Executive Director, Corporate Operations provides executive leadership to a team responsible for a complete range of services related to supporting the execution and sustainment of the organization’s corporate operational goals. This includes real estate, corporate loss prevention with a longer-term vision to include corporate risk management and business continuity.
The initial requirement for the Executive Director of this newly established division will be leading the development and execution of the Corporate Operations strategic plan, including transforming the Real Estate and Construction and Corporate Loss Prevention departments to ensure continued alignment and value-add to organizational objectives. The position will provide strategy and planning support for the organization, including corporate operational strategy, business analysis and insights, and benefits and outcomes management. Over the long-term, it will be responsible for ensuring continued corporate operational support that enables the organization to define and successfully meet its goals and objectives.
This position is responsible for the achievement of appropriate corporate Strategic Plan Objectives and Department Business Plan Objectives, through organizing, developing, directing and managing the performance of Corporate Operations staff to meet operational business requirements effectively and efficiently in support of Corporate, Wholesale and Retail business goals for both the liquor and cannabis lines of business.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position . This information will be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record search is required.
- Executive office environment.
- Ability to work, in addition to core business hours, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel provincially, nationally and internationally for periods of time.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Education & Recent, Related Experience:
A post-secondary degree in a related field, with several years of progressive senior leadership experience that includes the following:
- Experience in the real estate field, in criminal or loss prevention and corporate risk management;
- Leading, supporting, and developing direct and indirect reports within a structured organization, and managing multi-tiered support service teams with a significant number of indirect reports;
- Effectively consulting with and guiding executives to implement corporate initiatives to further the goals of the organization;
- Championing innovation and progressive change within a department to reflect the changing needs of the organization;
- Working in a multifaceted organization or providing substantive level of service as a vendor to a multifaceted organization;
- Successfully leading and influencing change in an organization with employees dispersed across numerous physical locations.
Candidates should also have substantive experience:
- Working in a senior capacity in, or closely and directly with, a government organization or crown corporation and making decisions with a clear understanding of government practice and relations and an organization regularly the subject of media inquiries and demonstrated experience with sensitive communications.
- An advanced degree in a related field, preferred.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Broad knowledge across real estate, criminal or loss prevention and corporate risk management.
- Broad knowledge spanning financial management, project management, contract management, change management and human resource management.
- Working knowledge of Change Management Methodology.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong management, leadership, and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously execute on multiple, complex priorities.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex, and often evolving implementation priorities; delivering to time, scope and quality expectations.
- Excellent ability to facilitate dialogue and resolution of complex issues with a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Excellent knowledge transfer, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation/facilitation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
Contact: Nicole O’Reilly, HR Advisor
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com