An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position is located in Victoria but may be performed from the other locations such as Nanaimo, Prince George, Kamloops, or Vancouver.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Director leads the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of performance management related programs that impact employees across government. They also serve as a critical member of the BC Public Service Agency’s leadership team, recognizing that the success of the performance branch program areas depends on effective working relationships with other business areas such as labour relations, corporate succession management and the Learning Centre. The Director is a trusted advisor to Agency executive and to strategic human resource leads in ministries, bring a service-oriented mindset to both program delivery and leadership of the performance team.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience in leading and motivating staff and contributing to an internal working environment that is conducive to success.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Rueben.Bronee@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field, such as, but not limited to: Public Administration, Leadership, Human Resource Management, and Psychology.
- At least three years’ experience leading teams in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a senior management role leading delivery of complex projects with significant corporate impact in a public service context.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders across government and leading organizational change and implementation processes.
- Experience building effective direct working relationships with executive leaders.
- Experience in strategic business planning and financial management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire