Management Band 4
“AMENDED CLOSING DATE TO MAY 27, 2018”
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Director leads and directs all aspects of the BC Liquor Distribution Branch’s cannabis distribution operations including e-commerce fulfillment to drive profitable growth and achieve business objectives. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the strategic plan, policies, objectives, and overall distribution for cannabis.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required. This position is excluded from union membership (under review).
Education and recent, related experience
- A degree or diploma related to distribution, business administration, supply chain, or a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years, recent, related work experience.*
*Recent, related work experience must include:
- Leading, directing and managing distribution operations for a large, distributed wholesale/retail operation.
- Leading significant operational changes to achieve business operations and improve profitability.
- Relationship management with key stakeholders.
- E-commerce fulfillment experience.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Supply chain/logistics, warehouse management, and e-commerce systems
- Current external business environment conditions which have an impact on retail business: retail trends, merchandising, competitive factors, pricing, planning
- Financial management, contract management, human resource management, supply chain
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal customers/clients and government stakeholders.
Contact: Jasdeep Dhaliwal, Advisor, HR
Phone: 604 252-3474
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com