We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We’re expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team. The ideal candidate is an experienced modern data technologist with special focus on orchestrating various data solutions in cloud. Additionally, candidate should be well-versed in optimizing data systems and building cloud optimized data solutions from ground up. The Data Engineering lead will support our Operational excellence Squad focused on Standardizing toolsets supporting the Enterprise Analytics platform and would ensure optimal data architecture is formulated and delivered. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Experience in cloud services such as AWS EMR, EC2, EKS, Juypter notebooks
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata management, dependency, and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project management and organizational skills. Knowledge of agile methods is a plus.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
o Strong experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, EKS, Snowflake, Elastic-Search
o Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka etc.
o Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
o Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
o Experience with DevOps, Data Pipeline and workflow management tools: Concourse, Terraform, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
This role part of the Data Management & Foundation Services chapter will support our data scientists, data analysts, database architects and data engineers on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. This role will be supporting the data needs of multiple data management squads, analytics platform squads, other systems, and products. This role will be critical to designing and implementing right-sized solutions that are available, scalable, and stable.